Okay family, here's the deal. I have successfully lost 15 pounds in about 8 months, only to put on 5 in the last three weeks. Something's got to give. I have to change. I am supposed to do a triathlon in 3 weeks. I might die in the middle of it, but I am doing it. I am so sick of being overweight, but I have lost my motivation, especially to eat right. I decided to quit weight watchers because I hadn't lost in a long time, and I wasn't following the program. By the way, if you can follow it, I highly recommend it. I think I'll go back eventually, but I didn't want to keep paying for something I wasn't using. Anyway, that's my story. I currently weigh 180 pounds. To give you a little perspective, I got married at 138. I wasn't super skinny either at my wedding, but would kiss the ground if I ever weighed that again. Anyhow, my goal is 145, so just 35 more pounds to go right?
I need you guys to help me with this. What do you say? Who's in?
Here's what I am thinking. I had a friend do a point system and I really liked it, so maybe we can try that for a change. It's an on your honor system.
Okay, so you go to this site and figure out how many calories you should have to lose weight.
http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm
For normal fat loss and regular exercise, I need to keep my caloric intake under 1900 calories (but that means I have to work out 5 days a week)
A great way to track your calories is www.myfitnesspal.com. You can even get an app, which I have on the IPAD. If we all get on there together we can cheer each other on. My user name is threemenandalady.
Every day that you stay within your range you get 5 points, but if you go over you lose 1 point for every 100 calories over.
You get 2 points for every 1/2 hour that you exercise. You can earn as many of these as you want in a day.
You get 1 point for every 64 ounces (that's roughly 8 glasses of water a day) of water that you drink a day, but you have to drink 64 to get that point, so if you wanted two points in a day you would need double that.
Who's in? And I totally made this up, so if you want to tweak it a little, no big deal.
No comments:
Post a Comment